Freelance; Based in Tel-Aviv; Works on a wide range of new-media projects; Mobile development expert and active member of the Cinder community since 2011.
- • Design: 2d/3d, gaming, motion, interaction, typography, UI.
- • Programming: Java, C/C++, Objective-C, html/css/js.
- • Platforms: Windows, OSX, Android, iOS.
- • Frameworks: JOGL (OpenGL + Java), Processing, Cinder.
aesthetics and computation
So how does it look when a designer who is also a programmer designs and programs things? A few shortcuts:
research and development
In parallel of his freelance work, Ariel spends a respectable amount of time on R&D (some call it art). A few representative labs:
- • chronotext.org (2003-2014), a growing collection of software experiments exploring the relation between text, space and time.
- • the chronotext toolkit (2011-2014), an open-source C++ code-base extending Cinder, for creating dimensional text experiments and cross-plaform mobile apps and games.
- • mobile-sand (2004-2005), a concept demo for a new kind of mobile gaming experience.
- • March 2014
Video preview of a forthcoming mobile app for playing with James Joyce's Ulysses.
- • December 2013
- • February 2013
Publishing of Lui les Hébreux moi Pharaon – when spoken voice meets written text…
- • November 2012
Bitter Sam – a game which I co-developed – is available on the AppStore and Google Play
Updates on twitter, vimeo, flickr